CraftBeer.com’s Guide to American Craft Beer Week – Retailer Edition
With so many local and regional beer weeks these days, why is American Craft Beer Week still important?
American Craft Beer Week (ACBW) is the national celebration of the American craft beer revolution. ACBW remains the most important collective effort of the Brewers Association and its members to share the renaissance of flavorful, interesting, world-class craft beer produced by America’s small and independent brewers. Together we are strong—and loud.
By planning and celebrating ACBW you are not only toasting the work of America’s small brewers, but also the community of craft beer drinkers who support you. For the last two years all 50 states have held official ACBW events.
Participate in American Craft Beer Week
- Keep an ear out for a coordinated ACBW celebration that your brewery can participate in.
- Talk to your tap room and restaurant staff about how to recognize and celebrate the ACBW.
- Ask your sales staff and wholesale partners to prioritize ACBW so that retailers, both on and off-premise will be aware of and can accommodate craft beer lovers.
- Utilize the downloadable ACBW resources and logo to help spread the word.
- Post your events for free on the ACBW calendar by May 1, 2013, for the opportunity to be included in the national ACBW press release.
- Reach out to media in your markets to tell them about ACBW and your plans to celebrate. Invite media to the brewery during ACBW.
For more ways to participate, find all of the available resources at CraftBeer.com/ACBW.
Wholesalers and Retailers
ACBW is not just for breweries. Craft savvy distributors and retailers play a part in the successes of American craft beer by opening consumer’s eyes to the variety and flavors available. Work with craft breweries to plan events and tastings during the week, and be sure to add them to the ACBW calendar.
Important ACBW Dates
May 1, 2013 – Deadline for adding ACBW events for the chance to be included in the national press release.
May 13-19, 2013 – American Craft Beer Week
Last Updated: January 30, 2013