River North Brewery just happens to be perfectly situated in Denver, Colo., which is set to become the heart of the craft beer universe from October 11-13 during the Great American Beer Festival (GABF). As the River North team prepares for their first GABF, and the influx of craft beer enthusiasts it’s sure to bring, they’ve recently released their tap room lineup for the week on the River North Brewery Blog.
From River North Brewery’s Blog
It’s almost here! The most wonderful time of the year. We’ve been anxiously awaiting the Great American Beer Fest since we opened in February, and to celebrate, we’ll be rolling out special releases every day in the taproom, in addition to pouring at the fest, of course!
• Friday, Oct. 5 | 3 pm | J. Marie Saison aged in whiskey barrels
• Saturday, Oct. 6 | 1 pm | River North White aged in white wine barrels
• Sunday, Oct. 7 | 1 pm | River North White aged in whiskey barrels
• Monday, Oct. 8 | 3 pm | BPR (Belgian-style pale red ale) aged in whiskey
• Tuesday, Oct. 9 | 3 pm | J. Marie Saison aged in whiskey
• Wednesday, Oct. 10 | 1 pm | River North White plus both barrel-aged versions
• Thursday, Oct.11 | 1pm | Quandary Quadrupel aged in whiskey
• Friday, Oct. 12 | 1 pm | BPR aged in whiskey
• Saturday, Oct. 13 | 1 pm | Avarice Imperial Stout plus a TBA barrel-aged brew
• Sunday, October 14 | 1 pm | Quandary Quadrupel plus a TBA barrel-aged brew
Read more about the releases and happenings at River North Brewing.
Andy Sparhawk, the Brewers Association’s Craft Beer Program Coordinator, is a Certified Cicerone® and BJCP Beer Judge. He lives in Arvada, Colorado where he is a homebrewer and avid craft beer enthusiast. On occasion, Andy is inspired to write on his experiences with craft beer, and if they are not too ridiculous, you might see the results here on CraftBeer.com.
Last Updated: September 17, 2012