So you’ve got a beer lover on your holiday list and you don’t want to give the obvious present (read: beer). We’ve got some suggestions to make your search for the perfect present a little easier! Chances are, your beer enthusiast might also fall into one of the categories below. We suggest grabbing your favorite craft beer and checking out these online gift options. Good luck and Happy Holidays!
- Beer T-Shirt Club – As a member of the Beer T-Shirt Club, you will receive one t-shirt a month from the most interesting and far flung breweries, micro-breweries, and bars.
- Brew-opoly – Players buy or trade their favorite beers and increase property value by purchasing Brewpubs and Microbreweries.
- Sam Adams Utopias – Check out this video from Sam Adams about their ultimate extreme beer.
- Beer 101 – The material contained in this course is essential for anyone ‘beginning’ to take craft beer appreciation more seriously. Students passing the course with at least a 70% will receive a printable certificate from the Brewers Association.
- iBottleOpener – A protective case for your iPhone that features a bottle opener on the back!
- Accessories for their Kegerator or an upgraded system.
- Custom sign or neon for the home bar.
- Personalized pint glasses, custom coasters, or other bar accessories
- Artisanal Cheese – This site offers cheese suggestions for six styles of beer.
- He Said Beer, She Said Wine by Sam Calagione & Marnie Old – This is the first fully illustrated book on the market to give in-depth instruction on how to successfully pair both beer and wine with a wide variety of foods.
The Outdoor Enthusiast
- Port-a-Pint - A retractable pint glass ready for life on the go.
- Bark for Beer – This little gadget is a dog collar and bottle opener in one.
- Cabela’s Outdoor Beer Feeder – This isn’t your ordinary game feeder, it’s a drink cooler with a built-in bottle opener and cap-catching pocket.
- Beer Bike Jersey – What rider doesn’t need another jersey? Especially one that features their favorite beer!
- Stone Brewing Company Skateboard
- Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher – Beer lovers will discover the ingredients and brewing methods that make each brew unique and learn to identify the scents, colors, flavors, and mouthfeel of all the major beer styles.
- All About Beer | DRAFT Magazine | Beer Connoisseur Magazine subscription
- Homebrewing kit
- Gift membership to the American Homebrewers Association which includes a subscription to Zymurgy Magazine and discounts at more than 450 breweries and pubs across the country! Purchase this gift by December 14 and receive a free book – learn more.
- Beer Glassware Set to use with The Right Glass section of CraftBeer.com.
- Tickets to a beer dinner in your area. Use the Event Calendar to see what’s coming up!
- The Best of American Beer and Food by Lucy Saunders – This book begins by exploring the art of pairing flavorful beers with specific foods, then turns to recipes that incorporate beer, using the various flavors available from today’s ales and lagers as food flavor components.
- Beer brand apron, here’s one from Alaskan Brewing Company.
- Marinade injector – Lots of recipes that involve beer often use one of these handy tools.
- Trip to SAVOR: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience in Washington, DC – check out this video preview.
Meghan Storey, the Brewers Association’s Web Editor, has been lucky enough to work in the world of craft beer for the past three years. She holds a degree in Print Journalism from the University of Mississippi, and has recently relocated to Nashville, TN. She loves to introduce friends to new craft beers and food pairings. Since beginning work on CraftBeer.com she can be found adding beer to just about everything she cooks.
Last Updated: November 17, 2010