We all know our usual New Year’s resolutions aren’t always particularly exciting. They normally involve things like losing weight, or breaking a bad habit. While those types of resolutions are important, this list is much more fun. Expand your love and knowlege of craft beer in the new year. Add one of these resolutions (they’re in no particular order) to your list and get ready for 2011!
10. Introduce someone to craft beer.
9. Try at least one new beer a month.
8. Participate in an American Craft Beer Week event. (May 16 – 22, 2011)
7. Host or attend a beer tasting. We even have a video to help you!
6. Cook with craft beer! We’re adding new recipes to CraftBeer.com all the time. Don’t forget to add your favorite recipes to the recipe section—it might be featured on the home page!
5. Give craft beer or brewery gear as a present.
4. Learn more about your favorite beverage; read a book on beer or brewing. Find tons of resources at the Brewers Association Beer Enthusiast Store.
3. Experience a beer festival.
2. Plan a side-trip to a brewery on your next vacation.
1. Bring craft beer to a housewarming or dinner party.
Meghan Storey, the Brewers Association’s Web Editor, has been lucky enough to work in the world of craft beer for the past three years. She holds a degree in Print Journalism from the University of Mississippi, and has recently relocated to Nashville, TN. She loves to introduce friends to new craft beers and food pairings. Since beginning work on CraftBeer.com she can be found adding beer to just about everything she cooks.
Last Updated: December 17, 2010