We wanted to let you know of big news in the world of small and independent craft brewers. House Resolution 1297, introduced by Congresswoman Betsy Markey (CO) on April 22, 2010, to support ‘the goals and ideals of American Craft Beer Week’ passed mid-yesterday with 62 co-sponsors.
Read more about H. Res. 1297 passing from politico.com.
American Craft Beer Week is not even half over, but here is the big picture, thus far:
- The “Mother of All Beer Weeks,” organized by the Brewers Association, celebrates and highlights all that America loves about craft beer and small and independent craft brewers.
- In 2006, the week became the largest national effort focusing on American craft brewers and remains so today.
- For 2010, 500+ events from 300+ breweries are posted at AmericanCraftBeerWeek.org
- Events are happening in 45 states!
- 20,000 plus ‘likes’ were reached this past Monday on Facebook with literally thousands of tweets on Twitter about the week’s happenings.
- The Declaration of Beer Independence is a big part of American Craft Beer Week, with town mayors (see Durango Herald), Governors, beer lovers and brewers all signing it!