2013 Wort Transformation Awards Ceremony
Nebraska Brewing Company Presents: The 2013 Wort Transformation Competition
Presents: The Second Annual Wort Transformation Homebrew Competition
We brew the wort and you add some yeast and copious amounts of creativity to ferment and age it to your whim!
Details: on Friday February 8th and Saturday February 9th, we opened up registration, and within 43 minutes all 60 entries were filled. We then figured out that we could fit another 60 entries in and those sold out in under 2 hours – so this year we’ve got 120 entries!
- Basic Wheat wort
- Cooled, unaerated and unyeasted
- 47.5% Brewers 2-Row
- 47.5% Red Wheat Malt
- 5% Caramel 10
- 60 min. Liberty for 17.6 IBU (equivalent to ~.85 oz. in 5 gallons)
- 15 min. Liberty for 2.4 IBU (equivalent to ~.25 oz. in 5 gallons)
- 13.2 Plato/1.053 OG
- 20 IBU
- Color 4.0 SRM
- Mash Temperature 152 F for 60 minutes
Wort Pick Up:
- We had the homebrewers brought in their carboys and picked up their wort in waves; 60 on Wednesday Feb 27th and Thursday Feb 28th and 60 more on Fricay March 1st and Saturday March 2nd.
Beer Drop Off:
- Homebrewers will bring in a 6 pack of their creations on Saturday May 4th, 2013 -8am to 2pm @ Nebraska Brewing Company – Papillion, NE 68046.
- Judging will be private and will take place on Saturday May 11th, 2013 at our host, Quality Brands of Nebraska. Awards/Prizes given for the following categories; Traditional Wheat, Hoppy, Fruit/Spice, Experimental & Best in show.
Awards Ceremony and Tasting Party
- Thursday May 16th, 2013 6-9pm @ Nebraska Brewing Company – Papillion, NE 68046
Thanks to our Sponsors!