On Sunday, the Denver Broncos took the Super Bowl 50 title, and Peyton Manning took home his second victory in football’s biggest game. Congratulations to The Sheriff on a game well played and a win well deserved. And while the feat did indeed earn Mr. Manning the right to kick back with his teammates for a beer or two, the seemingly shameless plug of the World’s largest beer company made many in craft beer land confused.
Wouldn’t he rather have a beer more fitting of his superstardom; maybe a beer that more closely represents the Broncos’ status as an underdog? That’s what we believe small and independent craft brewers represent.
So, the Brewers Association (publishers of CraftBeer.com) put together a care package for the talented quarterback in hopes of helping him find another post-game refreshment. Since Peyton happens to play in one of the most beer-centric states in the nation, we made sure to include a good number of beers that were local to Colorado in addition to a few other classic and approachable options from around the country.
Along with the beer, we included a letter of congratulations and appreciation for his hard work. We hope you enjoy the beer, Peyton!!
Peyton’s care package included:
- Black Bavarian (German-style Schwarzbier) | Sprecher Brewing Co. | Glendale, WI
- Apricot Blonde (Blonde Ale) | Dry Dock Brewing Co. | Aurora, CO
- Craft Lager (American Lager) | Upslope Brewing Co. | Boulder, CO
- Colorado Kolsch (German-style Kolsch) | Steamworks Brewing Co. | Durango, CO
- Racer 5 IPA (India Pale Ale) | Bear Republic Brewing Co. | Healdsburg, CA
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) | Boston Beer Co. | Boston, MA
- Mojo IPA (India Pale Ale) | Boulder Beer Co. | Boulder, CO
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro (Extra Special Bitter) | Left Hand Brewing Co. | Longmont, CO
- Session Cream Summer Ale (Cream Ale) | Full Sail Brewing Co. | Hood River, OR
- Graham Cracker Porter (American Porter) | Denver Beer Co. | Denver, CO
What American craft beer would you send to Peyton Manning?