For the past 11 years, Zymurgy magazine readers have been asked to share a list of their 20 favorite beers that are commercially available in the United States. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) has tallied the votes, and here are the results for the 2013 Best Beers in America survey.
Russian River’s Pliny the Elder, a double IPA, claimed the top spot for the fifth straight year. Finishing second for the fourth straight year was Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, an IPA. We’re sharing the top 15 here. For the complete list, as well as overall brewery and portfolio rankings, head on over to HomebrewersAssociation.org.
2013 Best Beers in America
(T indicates tie)
1. Russian River Brewing Co. | Pliny the Elder
2. Bell’s Brewery, Inc. | Two Hearted Ale
3. Dogfish Head | 90 Minute IPA
4. Bell’s Brewery, Inc.| Hopslam Ale
5. Ballast Point | Sculpin IPA
6. Founders Brewing Co. | Breakfast Stout
7. Stone Brewing Co. | Arrogant Bastard Ale
8. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Ruthless Rye IPA
T9. Lagunitas Brewing Co. | Lagunitas Sucks
T9. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Celebration Ale
T9. Stone Brewing Co. | Ruination IPA
T12. North Coast Brewing Co. | Old Rasputin
T12. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co .| Torpedo Extra IPA
T12. Stone Brewing Co. | Enjoy By IPA
15. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Pale Ale
See the complete Best Beers in America list.
Photos © Duncan Garrett Photography & Edwin Bautista via Flickr CC.
Company: Brewers Association
Contact: Meghan Storey