Raleigh, North Carolina, September 7, 2012 — PintLabs, L.L.C. is proud to announce the immediate availability of PocketBeer for iOS. PocketBeer is your sidekick on the path to better beer, and the perfect companion on your trip to the grocery store or local bottle shop. Search for a beer by name or scan the UPC code to see all about that beer in your hand. With access to thousands of beers in BreweryDB.com, and the ability to add more through PocketBeer, you are sure to discover some new and exciting brews.
Main features include:
- Search by beer name or by UPC code using your smartphone’s camera
- See in-depth information about the beer such as the label, glassware and serving recommendations, seasonal availability, alcohol content, and more.
- Add or edit any beers that may be missing
- Access to all the beers in BreweryDB.com, a crowd-sourced database of breweries and beers that is constantly growing.
- Mark and keep track of your favorite beers
- Tweet about the beers you find.
PocketBeer is currently available for free on the Apple App Store at http://pntlbs.co/pocketbeerforios. For users that wish to remove advertisements and unlock the “Favorites” feature, an in-app purchase can be made for only $0.99. An Android version of PocketBeer is currently in development and will be released soon. More information (including press kit) available at http://www.pocketbeerapp.com.
Last Updated: September 7, 2012