Allagash Brewed Pears with White Chocolate, Raspberries and Pink Peppercorns
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time30 minutes
Anjou Pears with White Chocolate, Raspberries and Pink Peppercorns with a reduction of Allagash Curiex.
- 3 bottles of Allagash Curieux Beer (750 ml each)
- 6 Anjou Pears
- 1 fl oz Brandy
- 5 oz Butter
- 5 oz Brown Sugar
- 2 oz Honey
- 4 Coffee Beans
- 2 Sprigs of Cinnamon Sticks
- 12 Pink Peppercorns
- 7 oz White Chocolate
- 2 oz Cornstarch
- 30 Raspberries
- Peel and cut Pears in half and take out seeds.
In rondeaux add butter and pears.
Deglaze with brandy.
Add sugar, honey, coffee beans, pink peppercorns and cinnamon sticks. Cook pears until tender.
Take out pears reserve and drain beer in to a sauce pot.
Add white chocolate to sauce, add cornstarch gradually until sauce thickens.
Pat dry the pears, in large sauté pan sear the cut face of pears with butter.
Sauté the raspberries in same sauté pan used to sear the pears with butter and reserve.
Plate by arranging one pear on top of the other and bathing with sauce, décor with sautéed raspberries.
- 1 cutting board
1 mixing bowl
1 medium whisk
1 medium sauce pot
1 large sauté pan
1 small tray
6 soup plates with large edge
- Each year, Allagash Brewing Company holds a cooking contest at the Institute for Culinary Education in New York as a way to further the awareness of both pairing and cooking fine foods with beers like Allagash. The winning recipe is awarded a scholarship by Allagash owner and brewmaster Rob Tod as a way to help the student further their culinary education.
- This recipe comes to us by way of ICE student Diego Ruiz Brugman, runner-up in the Eighth Annual Allagash Brewing Recipe Contest (2009).