- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time30 minutes
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Mahi Mahi tacos made with your favorite pilsener or Belgian-style wit.
- Beer-Battered Mahi Mahi
- 1 lb Mahi Mahi (or tofu), cut into 1 inch strips
- Oil for frying
- Soft corn tortillas
- Beer batter: ¾ cup beer (pilsener or Belgian wit), ¾ cup flour,¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix salsa ingredients together until blended, set aside.
- Mix lemon juice and zest with mayo, toss with cabbage until evenly covered, set aside.
- Stir batter ingredients together until smooth.
- Add fish pieces to beer batter and coat thoroughly.
- Heat canola oil in a tall pot over medium-high heat.
- Slowly add battered fish to oil and fry 3-6 minutes total.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Assemble tacos fish first, followed by slaw and finally the fruit salsa.
- Check out Ashely's full post: "Taco and Beer Pairings to Celebrate Cinco de Mayo."