Baked Chicken and Spinach FlautasBy So Tasty, So Yummy
- Yield12 Flautas
Crunchy, baked chicken flautas made with your favorite brown ale.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, mince
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 6 ounces shredded Colby jack cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the beer, water, salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and half of the jalapeno. Add the chicken to the pan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks or add it to the bowl of your KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment and let her go.
- Pour out all but 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the remaining jalapeno and spinach; cook over low heat for a couple minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture near the edge of the tortilla. Add a spoonful of spinach and cheese over top of the chicken. Roll the tortilla up tightly. Place seam-side down on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray the prepared flautas with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, flip over and back for 5 to 10 minutes more until the tortillas are golden brown. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.