Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts with Shiitake Bacon & Quinoa PilafBy VeganBrew.com
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time30 minutes
- Yield3 - 4
Vegan beer lovers rejoice! VeganBrew is here to bring together vegan cuisine and craft beer with inventive recipes and a little creativity. Enjoy!
- Shiitake Bacon 1/2 pound of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup Wheat beer per pound of sprouts
- smoked salt
- smoked black pepper Quinoa Pilaf 3 cups quinoa
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 - 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup raisins or currents
- 1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Shiitake Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
Combine mushrooms, olive oil and salt. Mix well.
Spread on baking sheet and roast until dry and crisp, stirring every 10 minutes.
Usually takes 45 minutes to an hour.
- Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Braise thawed Brussels sprouts in Wheat beer of choice for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with smoked salt and smoked black pepper.
- Quinoa Pilaf
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
Toast 1/2 cup almonds on a baking sheet.
Sauté garlic in 1/4 cup olive oil.
Mix quinoa, toasted almonds and sautéed garlic.
Add thyme, cumin, raisins, and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Toss well.
VeganBrew is the pioneering effort of two vegan beer geeks to bring together the inventive worlds of vegan cuisine and craft beer. Brett lives in NYC, has been vegan since 1994 and homebrewing since 2006. Kevin hails from Philadelphia, has been vegan since 1999 and homebrewing since 2007. Together, they hope their experiences in both areas can help you find the best in the vegan and craft beer world.