Blue-Beer-y PancakesBy The Smart Kitchen
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time15 minutes
What could make delicious blueberry pancakes made with craft beer even more tempting? Bacon of course! The Smart Kitchen brings us blue-beer-y pancakes with bacon!
- 1 1/2 cups multigrain pancake mix
- 1 bottle wheat beer of your choice
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- Berries (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, or blackberry depending on the beer you chose)
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- To make these pancakes, mix together batter and make pancakes as directed on the package, substituting apple sauce for oil and wheat beer for water.
- Adding bacon to the batter is totally optional—but encouraged.
- Add berries before flipping (just when the batter starts to bubble, and before the bubbles start to pop).
- Serve pancakes with syrup, whip cream, butter or yogurt.