Blue-Beer-y PancakesBy The Smart Kitchen
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time15 minutes
What could make delicious blueberry pancakes made with craft beer even more tempting? Bacon of course! The Smart Kitchen brings us blue-beer-y pancakes with bacon!
- 1 1/2 cups multigrain pancake mix
- 1 bottle berry craft beer of your choice
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- Berries (blue-, straw-, rasp-, or black-....depending on the beer you chose)
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- Mix together batter and make pancakes as directed on the package, substituting apple sauce for oil and beer for water.
- Adding bacon to the batter is totally optional—but encouraged.
- Add berries before flipping (just when the batter starts to bubble, and before the bubbles start to pop).
- Serve pancakes with syrup, whip cream, butter, or yogurt.
The Smart Kitchen culinary blog was established in 2010 by Sarah Pember. Sarah is a carrot-loving cowgirl with a culinary obsession, combining a love for all things FOOD with the desire to stay healthy while eating well.