Boundary Bay Blonde Ale Turkey
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time30 minutes prep time, 2-3 hours cook time
- Yield8 - 10
Boundary Bay provides this step by step video for preparing their Blonde Ale Turkey. Inject your personality into your turkey this holiday season by adding your favorite craft beer to the this recipe.
- 1 turkey (8.5 pound bird is recommended)
- Boundary Bay Blonde Ale
- Flavor injector
- Turkey baster
- Melted butter (1 stick)
- Garlic infused oil
- 3 cans turkey or chicken broth
- 4 lemons
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs (sage was used in the video)
- Inject turkey in the upper and lower breast and each thigh with an injector full of 2/3 blonde 1/3 garlic infused oil.
- Brush entire bird with butter (helps to brown the skin) and season with salt and pepper. Add salt and pepper to the inside of the bird as well.
- Stuff turkey with lemons (halved), garlic cloves and fresh herbs.
- Tie up the turkey at the wings, thighs and legs.
- Add three cans of turkey or chicken broth and the leftover butter to the basting pan.
- Cover with foil and roast at 325°F for 15 minutes per pound.
- Baste turkey every 15 - 20 minutes while cooking.
- Uncover for the last 30 minutes of roasting to ensure a nicely browned skin.