Boundary Bay Chili Con CarneBy Boundary Bay Brewery
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time45 min.
This Chili Con Carne recipe is sure to keep you nice and toasty during the long, cold winter ahead. And, just in case this chili doesn’t do the trick on its own, be on the watch for our seasonal release of Cabin Fever.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 Poblano peppers, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Jalapenos, diced (optional)
- 1 Serrano pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- cilantro leaves and lime wedges to garnish
Spice Mix:♦ This can be replaced with store bought taco seasoning, if desired.
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a heavy soup pot and brown the beef along with 1/3 of the spice mix.
- Once fully cooked, strain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the rest of the oil and sauté all of the vegetables (except the tomatoes) until tender.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the beans, tomatoes, cooked beef, and spice mix to taste (you may have some left over).
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. Sour cream and cheese can be added as well. Oh…and it never hurts to add a splash of your favorite Boundary brew!