Chef Michelle’s Amber Ale DonutsBy Brewers Association
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Yield6 regular donuts or 24 mini donuts
Only one thing could make these delicious donuts rolled in powdered sugar even better, they're made with beer! The donuts can be made with an Amber or for a little extra kick an IPA can be substituted.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh ground is best)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz. amber ale (IPA adds a nice bite)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Melt butter and let cool. Sift all dry ingredients together into large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and beer until well-blended. Grease the donut pan with a generous amount of butter (can also use mini Bundt pan).
- Pour the liquid blend into the dry ingredients all at once, and mix just until blended (do not over mix, or the donuts will be tough). Fill each donut form half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven in the middle rack for 8-9 minutes for mini donuts, 9-12 minutes for regular size donuts. The donuts should not be browned on top. Remove pan from oven, let cool for a minute, remove from pan and roll in powdered sugar.
- Learn more about Cooking with Chef Michelle or find her on Facebook.