Chipotle Ale Cornbread MuffinsBy Taylor Takes a Taste
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Yield15 muffins
Just when you thought cornbread couldn't get any better, Taylor Takes a Taste kicks it up a notch by adding Rogue Chipotle Ale. The hint of heat from the beer is the perfect complement to this hearty dinner standard.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups self rising cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 oz chipotle beer
- Mix all dry ingredients (including cheese).
- Add beer and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Place in a greased muffin tin (filling about half full) and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- *Optional step - with 5 minutes of cooking left, you can brush melted butter onto the muffins.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Taylor loves food, traveling, entertaining, taking pictures, and exploring new ideas and trying new things. On the blog Taylor Takes a Taste, you will see where these adventures lead him. Taylor dreams big and constantly working to push himself as a photographer, foodie, and person. In 2010, his fascination with college football and tailgating lead him on the ultimate college football tailgating tour. In 13 weeks he traveled 16,000 miles to 13 of the best tailgating sites in the country. Learn about this adventure; find new recipes, and much more on this Charlotte-based photographer's blog.