Chocolate Almond Porter Drop CookiesBy Narragansett Beer
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time30 minutes + cook time
- Yield2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 2 large eggs 1/2 cup Narragansett Porter 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 Tbsp milk 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 cup sliced almonds 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Narragansett Porter in a small saucepan and let it reduce by half on medium high heat. Keep an eye on the beer so it does not boil. Cool the Narragansett Porter reduction.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; add egg, reduced Narragansett Porter, vanilla and milk.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Blend the flour mixture with almonds and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets and then transfer to wire racks.
Keep informed on the latest events and news from Narragansett Brewing Company, including awesome recipes like this one by checking out the Narragansett Hi, Neighbor Blog.