Porter and Chocolate DonutsBy Endless Simmer
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time1 hour
- Yield12 donuts
Endless Simmer takes Chocolate Craft Beer Truffles to the next dimension by adding them to this recipe for Chocolate and Craft Beer Filled Donuts!!
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil, plus more for bowl
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- One batch of Chocolate Craft Beer Truffles
- To make these porter and chocolate donuts from the Endless Simmer, in a small bowl, combine yeast and warm water. Set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor fitted with a blade, combine yeast, ¼ cup sugar, flour, eggs, butter and salt and process in two-second bursts three times or until combined (dough will be sticky). Place dough in an oiled bowl and turn a few times to coat; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dough and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Use a 2 inch-round cutter or a drinking glass and cut 20 rounds. Place a Chocolate Craft Beer Truffle in the center and brush edge with egg whites. Place another round on top and press edges together to seal. Continue until all rounds are finished. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise 15 minutes.
- Fill medium saucepan with vegetable oil over medium heat. Heat oil until a deep-frying thermometer registers 360 degrees. Using a slotted spoon, add 3 donut rounds into oil. Fry until golden, about 40 seconds. Turn doughnuts over; fry until golden on other side, another 40 seconds. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet. Roll in sugar while warm. Continue until all rounds are cooked.