Porter Chocolate TrufflesBy Endless Simmer
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time1 hour
- Yield28 truffles
As we've proven before, craft beer and chocolate is a pairing that can't get much better! Try these delectable porter chocolate truffles which you can use to make chocolate and beer filled donuts! Yes, you read that right!
- 9 ounces dark chocolate, 65% cacao
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp of porter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch process
- To make the porter chocolate truffles, place chocolate and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl over (not on) simmering water. Let chocolate and cream heat up for 3 minutes untouched. After 3 minutes whisk mixture until fully incorporated.
- Remove bowl from heat and let cool for 20 - 30 minutes. Slowly and gently stir in porter. Pour finished mixture into a flat casserole pan. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Remove chilled truffle mixture. Using a melon-baller, scoop out chocolate rounds. Finish forming truffles by hand and place on parchment-lined bake sheet. Dust truffles with unsweetened cocoa powder to finish.
- Your palate your preference, so use any beer you enjoy.
- Keep a wet towel near to wipe your hands between each truffle for ease of rolling.
- Don't forget to use these truffles to make these Chocolate and Craft Beer Filled Donuts!!