Chocolate Craft Beer TrufflesBy Endless Simmer
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time1 hour
- Yield28 truffles
As we've proven before, craft beer and chocolate is a pairing that can't get much better! Try these delectable truffles which you can also use to make chocolate and beer filled donuts! Yes, you read that right!
- 9 oz. dark chocolate, 65% cacao
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of beer
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch process
- Place chocolate and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl over (not on) simmering water. Let chocolate and cream heat up for 3 minutes untouched. After 3 minutes whisk mixture until fully incorporated.
- Remove bowl from heat and let cool for 20 - 30 minutes. Slowly and gently stir in beer. Pour finished mixture into a flat casserole pan. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Remove chilled truffle mixture. Using a melon-baller, scoop out chocolate rounds. Finish forming truffles by hand and place on parchment-lined bake sheet. Dust truffles with unsweetened cocoa powder to finish.
A few notes:
- Your palate your preference, so use any beer you enjoy.
- Keep a wet towel near to wipe your hands between each truffle for ease of rolling.
- Don't forget to use these truffles to make Chocolate and Craft Beer Filled Donuts!!
We created Endless Simmer to satisfy our insatiable desire to think about food constantly. We’re basically somewhere between regular consumers of food pop culture and total snobs. We can just as easily enjoy offal or destroy a Dunkin Donuts (fake) egg and cheese croissant. We love to experiment in the kitchen, but we do frown on cheating. There’s nothing we love more than a good food pun.