- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time25 minutes
This coconut porter curry soup is fast and easy to make. With a line-up including yellow curry powder and coconut porter, you get big flavor out of a few ingredients.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, pealed and cubed
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (light or full fat)
- 1.5 cups coconut porter
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Serve with toasted bread
- To make this coconut porter curry, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook them for 2-4 minutes until they are soft.
- Next, add in the curry powder and sweet potatoes and give everything a good stir. Cook for 2 minutes and then add in the broth and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Turn the heat up to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once you reach a boil, bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Pour in the beer, cover, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Once the potatoes are cooked, puree everything until very smooth with an immersion blender or regular blender (if using a regular blender, work in small batches and use a towel to cover the lid).
- Return the soup to the pot if you used a normal blender. Give the soup a taste and season one last time as needed. Stir in your spinach and chickpeas and serve! You can also freeze this soup and enjoy it at a later day for a quick meal.