Garlic, Salted, Beer-Baked French FriesBy The Edible Perspective
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time20 minutes
These crispy beer-soaked french fries from The Edible Perspective are the perfect side or start to a fun summer meal. Other herbs we think might be delish: sage, rosemary, chives or thyme.
- 1 bottle craft beer (author used New Belgium Brewing Co.'s Somersault)
- 3 russet potatoes (~3/4lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Scrub and cut potatoes with skin on.
- Cut the potato in half, lengthwise.
- Turn one half on it’s side.
- Depending on how thick you want the fries, make 2 - 3 lengthwise cuts.
- Turn the half flat side down, so the cut pieces are stacked parallel with your cutting board.
- Cut 3 - 4 lengthwise cuts, perpendicular to the previous cuts.
- Repeat with the other half
The Edible Perspective focuses on healthy and natural recipes from author Ashley who lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. All of her recipes are vegetarian or vegan and include a lot of gluten free options.