Hefeweizen Beer Cheese DipBy Bridgette Jackson
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time10 minutes
This hefeweizen beer cheese dip is a great addition to any summer cookout as it can be served cold as an appetizer or warm, fondue style.
- 4 pounds grated cheese (blend of 75% white cheddar, 25% cheese of your choice)
- 3/4 pounds cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1/2 medium onion red or yellow minced
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp salt, kosher
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups Hefeweizen
- 2 ounces feta or goat cheese crumbled
- To make this hefeweizen beer cheese dip, add cheeses, minced onion, Worcestershire, mustard, kosher salt and garlic salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Blend ingredients together completely using a mixer. While mixer is still running, slowly add beer until it is entirely incorporated. Can be served immediately.
- Option: Heat the completed dip over the stove stirring until smooth, or warm in microwave stirring in minute intervals until heated through. This will create a fondue style appetizer.
- You may want to halve or quarter the recipe as it makes quite a bit.