Hefeweisen Beer Cheese DipBy Bridgette Jackson
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time10 minutes
- Yield40-50 people
With temperatures soaring, this Hefeweisse based cheese dip is sure to cool the palette. This recipe is a great addition to any summer cookout as it can be served cold as an appetizer or warm, fondue style.
- 4 lbs grated cheese (use a blend of 75% White Cheddar, 25% cheese of your choice)
- 3/4 lbs cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1/2 medium onion red or yellow minced
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt, kosher
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups Hefewiseisse
- 2 oz feta or goat cheese crumbled
- Hint: You may want to halve or quarter the recipe as it makes quite a bit.
- Add cheeses, minced onion, Worcestershire, mustard, kosher salt and garlic salt together in a mixing bowl. Blend ingredients together completely using a mixer. While mixer is still running, slowly add beer until it is entirely incorporated. Can be served immediately.
Heat the completed dip over the stove stirring until smooth, or warm in microwave stirring in minute intervals until heated through. This will create a fondue style appetizer.