Herb Marinated Tasmanian Salmon, Saffron infused risotto cake, seasonal organic vegetablesBy Leonardo Maurelli III
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time2 hours plus prep time
- Yield1 to 2 people
Herb marinated,seared and roasted Filet if Tasmanian Salmon, served over a saffron infused risotto cake, organic baby greens salad , basil oil.
- 2 Tasmanian Salmon filets 2 cups of Herb-oil(recipe below) 1 lbs of Risotto 1/2 lbs of butter or EVOO 1 cup of white wine 1 vidalia onion 1/2 bunch finely minced italian parsley 8 cups of chicken stock 3 cups of shaved parmesan cheese 1 small pinch of saffron 1 lbs of baby organic micro greens 1 lemon Cracked Black Pepper Sea Salt 2 cups of panko 4 cups of egg wash 1 cup of flour
- For Herb Oil
- In a blender add, 1 small bottle of cold pressed olive oil, 1 bunch of italian parsley, 1/8 lbs of fresh oregano, 1/8 lbs fresh basil leaves, 1/8 lbs of fresh thyme. Blend until deep rich green oil is evident.
- Marinate the salmon filet(s) in herb oil for 24 hours in the fridge, this will allow for the different flavors to enrich the filet.
- Remove the filet from oil and drain excess herb oil off, and set on a plate covered with paper towels.Season filet with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.
- On a hot skillet add 1 tbsp of plain 50/50 blended oil (1/2 veg 1/2 oilve oil) and place the filets serving side down, sear for 1.5 to 2 minutes and carefully flip the filet and place the pan in an preheated oven at 300°F for about 10 minutes.
- Degree of doneness depends on your liking.
- For home cooking it is easier to purchase chicken stock and steep with pinch of saffron for a good 10 minutes before you start to cook rice. If you would like to make your own chicken stock, I recommend you follow a traditional chicken stock recipe.
- Add diced vidalia onion, and sautee in 1/2 lbs of butter or EVOO, caramelize onion ( deep nice brown color) being careful not to burn, at this point add the rice and begin to sautee, be careful not to let the rice stick to your pot and constantly "scrape" the bottom of the pan with wooden spoon.
- Once the rice begins to turn slighlty brown, deglaze the pot with white wine and continue to cook until the wine is reduced, constanly work and scrape the bottom of the pot to prevent sticking.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock and allow to reduce.
- Add 1 more cup broth and at this point add cheese and fresh herbs.
- Take Risotto off the heat and place in a straight pan in the fridge for cooling. Once risotto is completely cooled (about 1 hour or so) remove from fridge it should be hard. Cut into cirlces if you have a mold or simply squares. dredge the cake in flour and then egg wash, then dredge in panko (Japanese bread crumbs) in a fryer or deep skillet. Add vegetable oil enough to completely submerge cake in and fry until golden brown. The Risotto will be nice and perfect and not overcooked!
- Mix organic baby greens, sea salt, cracked pepper and the juice of 1/2 a lemon, slivered red onions and cherry tomato. Set aside. I use a homemade basil infused oil, which you can purchase for ease.
- Serve filet ontop of risotto cake, place baby green slad over filet and serve with a wedge of lemon. Enjoy!