Isolation Ale Spice CakeBy Odell Brewing Co.
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep TimePrep 20 minutes | Bake up to 50 minutes
Odell Brewing Co.'s Isolation Ale is the perfect addition and compliment to this spice cake made with clove, cinnamon and allspice.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Isolation Ale
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- To make this spice cake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, allspice baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with Isolation Ale and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the chopped nuts. (optional)
- Pour into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.