Lambic Beer SorbettoBy Lottie + Doof
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time1hour
- Yield1 pint
Tim from Lottie + Doof brings us a delectable recipe for Lambic Beer Sorbetto, which he adapted from the The Ciao Bella Book of Gelato and Sorbetto by F.W. Pearce and Danilo Zecchin. Enjoy!
- Lambic Beer Sorbetto 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Simple Syrup (see below)
- 1 cup Lambic beer Simple Syrup 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Lambic Beer Sorbetto
- Place the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor and puree until smooth, then pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on the solids to extract the raspberry puree. Discard the seeds.
- Whisk the chilled simple syrup into the raspberry puree. Put mixture in fridge to chill.
- Pour the lambic into a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, and boil for 1 minute. Watch the pan carefully so it doesn’t boil over. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Gently whisk the beer into the raspberry mixture. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Simple Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, whiskingoften to dissolve sugar. Reduce the heat to medium and-low and simmer for 4 minutes, while continuing to whisk until all of the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool, then transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.