Lisa Morrison’s Cranbeery RelishBy Lisa Morrison
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Yield2 1/4 cups
Lisa Morrison's recipe for Cranbeery Relish made with lambic was published in the book, The Christmas Table,by Diane Morgan.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle lambic beer
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- To make this cranbeery relish, in a deep 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the lambic to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, ginger, and sugar.
- Adjust the heat so the mixture simmers and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries begin to pop open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in a covered jar or container until ready to serve. (The cranberry relish can be made up to 10 days in advance.)