Lisa Morrison’s Cranbeer-y RelishBy Lisa Morrison
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Yield2 1/4 cups of relish
Lisa Morrison, known as The Beer Goddess, recently had her recipe for Cranbeer-y Relish published in the book, The Christmas Table, by Diane Morgan.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Lindemans’s Framboise Lambic beer
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a deep 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the beer to a boil.
- Add the cranberries, ginger, and sugar.
- Adjust the heat so the mixture simmers and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries begin to pop open, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate in a covered jar or container until ready to serve. (The cranberry relish can be made up to 10 days in advance.)
- Whether you want to add to your own treasured family traditions or start new ones of your own, The Christmas Table takes you from the history and culture surrounding this favorite holiday, all the way to the dinner table with festive recipes that are sure to become your favorites. The Christmas Table serves up comfort and joy with its helpful ideas and recipes to simplify, organize, and plan your holiday feast.