Lomi Lomi style Salmon Crudo, Wasabi Caviar, Toasted Sesame Wonton CrispsBy Leonardo Maurelli III
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time1 to 2 hours
- Yield5 to 6
Fantastic sushi grade salmon salad, with toasty sesame seed wontons, and spicy yet delicate wasabi roe.
- 2 lbs of Sushi Grade Salmon 1/2 cup of sesame oil 1/4 cup of yuzu minced parsley 2 springs of green onion 1/4 red onion fine diced 2 roma tomato brunoise Hawaiian Pink Sea Salt Cracked black pepper 1/8 tbsp of crushed red pepper 1/2 cup of wasabi roe (Tobiko-purchase in specialty market or order from the internet) wonton wrappers toasted sesame seeds white and black 1/2 cup of egg wash 1/4 cup watered down organic honey
- To prepare Lomi Lomi style salmon salad, you will need a sharp knife! First dice Salmon into even 1/8 inch squares, set in a bowl in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest.
- finely mince parsley about 1/4 of a bunch, place in a mixing bowl. Add brunoise(very fine and evenly diced ) red onions, roma tomato( skins only , no seeds , no guts) and minced green onions. Add diced salmon and carefully fold in the sesame oil , sea salt, cracked pepper and crushed red pepper, add yuzu fold and taste. Adjust seasoning to your liking. Place back in refrigerator , while you make wonton crisps.
- Cut square wonton wrappers into 2 triangles and brush with egg whites and organic honey mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and bake for 10 minutes at 320, wonton should be crispy like a chip , if you need a couple of more minutes to allow more crispiness , do so.
- Once the wontons are ready, gently fold the Wasabi Roe into the Lomi salad and place in a glass bowl over a bowl full of ice to keep cold. Serve with Toasted Wontons. enjoy
- Open up that favorite beer, and enjoy!!! Cheers