Ranger IPA and Basil Mashed PotatoesBy beercraving.com
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time10 minutes
New Belgium Brewing's Ranger IPA lends a light citrus flavor to these potatoes while the basil adds nice color and aroma. These make the perfect side dish to accompany a hearty dinner.
- 4 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, roughly peeled and sliced ¼”
- 3 tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup New Belgium Brewing's Ranger IPA
- 9 leaves basil, chopped
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Put potatoes in a cold pot of water and add salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil just until it begins to brown. Add butter, milk, and IPA. Cook until warm, then add to potatoes and mash them. Fold in basil, adjust seasonings and serve.