ROGUE™ Chocolate Stout & Creamy Bananas FosterBy CraftBeer.com
- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time20 minutes
As if Rogue's Chocolate Stout wasn't already irresistible enough, we dare you to read this recipe and not completely fall in love! It's the perfect dessert for your Valentine's Day dinner!
- 6 ripe bananas (peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters)
- 8 tsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 bourbon vanilla bean (whole; split lengthwise)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Hiram Walker's Creme de Banana
- 1/4 cup Rogue Spirits Hazelnut Spice Rum
- 1 cup Rogue Chocolate Stout
- fresh mint
- chocolate w/chocolate chunk ice cream
- vanilla bean ice cream
- whipped cream
- Melt butter and cream in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Next, add brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Raise heat to medium setting. Stir until dissolved, then add bananas and coat with mixture evenly.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate sautee pan, start heating stout (Note to self: Self, drink the rest of the 22 oz bottle) and add vanilla bean.
- Slowly reduce stout by half over medium heat, then strain out bean.
- Add banana liqueur and rum and heat to a slow simmer. Carefully ignite beer & rum mixture.
- Slowly pour mixture over bananas. Continously baste bananas until they are thoroughly carmalized.
- Spoon bananas and desired sauce mixture over prepared ice cream scoops (1 scoop each of chocolate and vanilla) in a bowl. Garnish with whipped cream and mint sprigs. Serve with a pint of Rogue Chocolate Stout. Enjoy!