Rosemary and Feta Beer BiscuitsBy Cookie + Kate
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time15 minutes
This simple recipe for beer biscuits is a great addition to your beer recipe arsenal. To add variety in flavor and texture, experiment with different cheeses, beers or even nuts!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemarry, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta, cumbled
- 12 ounces beer
- Up to 1/4 cup of water (if the dough is too dry)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients well, add your spices and cheese (optional), then pour in the beer and mix it all together.
- If the dough seems very dry, slowly add up to 1/4 cup of water, until all of the flour is incorporated. Try not to overmix.
- Pour the dough into a lightly greased loaf pan or divide it into a muffin tin. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes for bread or 25 minutes for biscuits.
- The recipe makes one loaf of bread or 12 good-sized biscuits. I’m partial to biscuits because there’s more surface area for crust.
- Variations: Use different types of beer. You can also add spices, cheese and/or nuts to change the flavor and texture of the beer bread.
Kate, author of Cookie + Kate is a self-taught photographer and cook. She lives in Central Oklahoma with her dog, Cookie, and works as an art director for a local magazine. She's genuinely fascinated by food and enamored with its aesthetic qualities—its beauty, flavor, texture and intoxicating scents, which she tries to capture in her photographs. She hopes her photos inspire visitors to step into the kitchen and cook a homemade meal.