Saison-Glazed Salmon SaladBy CraftBeer.com
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time20 minutes
The mix of rich Gorgonzola cheese with warm balsamic dressing, the crunch of caramelized onions, and a hint of lemon, and spices from the Saison make this salad an irresistible dish for spring.
- 8-12 oz fresh salmon
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 bag/box of spring mix salad greens
- 1 lemon
- Gorgonzola cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- saison of your choice
- Set oven to broil and the place the rack 6 inches from the heat.
- Bring a quart of water to a boil, and place frying pan on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil, and place salmon skin side down.
- Mix equal parts honey and saison to use as a glaze.
- The fish should take about 15 minutes to cook.
- Paint the fish with the honey/Saison glaze when it goes into the oven and re-apply 2 - 3 times as it cooks.
- The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Once done, squeeze fresh lemon juice over fish, cover with foil until ready to add to the salad.
- Start slicing your onions. Thicker chunks of onion will caramelize better and retain their flavor in the finished salad.
- Caramelize the onions in your frying pan with a very small amount of olive oil. Cook until the onions are tender, stirring only once or twice.
- Next, remove the tough ends from the asparagus. Add the spears to the boiling water for about 2 - 3 minutes. Be sure not to cook them fully, as they will be grilled when we make the dressing—same with the onions.
- When almost finished, remove the onions and asparagus from the heat and put them aside until the salmon is finished cooking.
- Once you’ve deemed the salmon fully cooked, heat up a few ounces of olive oil on medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add the onions and asparagus. Then add a few ounces of balsamic vinegar to the mix.
- All you have to do now is place the salmon over the greens, add the dressing and veggies and crumble with Gorgonzola cheese.