Simple Beer BBQ SauceBy Steve Denney
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time5 minutes
Life in Texas means eating BBQ as often as possible and with at least one BBQ joint in every town, it's easy to do. Making BBQ sauce from scratch however, is typically left up to the restaurants and the grocers shelf.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3-Tbls chili powder
- 12 oz Bock, Brown, Vienna, Kolsch or other malty beer
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1Tbls regular paprika
- 1 Tbls garlic powder
- 2 Tbls Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you want more kick)
- 2 Tbls brown sugar; packed
- 2 Tbls molasses
- 2 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- Whisk all ingredients in a sauce pan and turn heat to medium, bringing sauce to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite BBQ.
Steve Denney, founder of PairMyBeer.com is an unsnooty foodie that loves craft beer and created a place online to learn and share how to pair and cook with craft beer. I look forward to "growing the craft beer community one meal at a time!"