Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage with BeerBy Drink Michigan
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time30 minutes
- Yield4 - 6
This recipe for corned beer and cabbage using a slow cooker is as simple as it gets. The addition of brown ale and fresh veggies makes this a hit!
- 3lb corned beef brisket
- 1 onion
- 4 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 2 cups of baby or chopped carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- (1) 12oz beer (author used Arcadia Brewing Co.'s Nut Brown Ale)
- To make this corned beef, place the carrots, quartered potatoes, and chopped onions in the bottom of a slower cooker. Cut the brisket in half and place on top of the veggies with chopped cabbage, pepper and spice packet that comes with the brisket.
- Pour the brown ale over the meat and veggies, and then fill the empty beer bottle with water twice and add that in as well, until the mixture is mostly covered in liquid. As the ingredients cook, they will shrink and be more submerged. Place one bay leaf on the top.
- Turn the slow cooker on low, and cook for 8 - 9 hours, or until the meat and veggies are tender. Remove the bay leaf before eating. Enjoy!