Sly Fox Route 113 CevicheBy Philly Beer Scene
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time30
Chef Robert Legget, resident chef for Philly Beer Scene magazine, shares his recipe for wild striped bass ceviche with pink grapefruit, Sly Fox Brewing Company's Route 113 IPA vinaigrette, gastrique, habanero, tobiko and crispy won tons.
- Bass 12 oz wild striped bass, remove pin bones, skin and blood line and slice paper-thin Vinaigrette 1 habanero pepper, de-seeded
- 2 pink grapefruits, body and juiced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 oz rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Route 113
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 oz fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil Reduction 12 oz Sly Fox Brewing Company's Route 113 IPA
- 12 oz sugar
- 12 oz raw sugar Texture and Garnish 1 pink grapefruit, sectioned
- Red tobiko
- 2 Tbsp poblano, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp cucumber, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely diced
- If you have a home fryer or a kettle, crisp up some won ton strips to top the ceviche for some additional crunch.
- Add about 4 oz of lime juice and sea salt to taste to the bass. Make sure it is well incorporated and well tossed. Let it sit for no longer than 15 minutes. Blow torch lightly for extra depth if desired. Chill and continue with the following steps.
- Combine the above, all pureed in a blender until smooth, chill and reserve.
- Combine the above. Reduce in a stainless steel pan until the liquid coats the spoon. Chill and reserve.
- Mix all of the directional parts, except for the won tons, reduction and tobiko. Taste for needed salt. Serve in little chilled dishes with tortilla chips aside or in a big bowl, chips and salsa style.
Chef Robert Legget has a passion for cooking with beer, his creative takes on dining have led him to a handful of Executive Chef positions and partnerships in the Philly area. This passion also led him to becoming the resident chef for Philly Beer Scene magazine. He currently serves as the executive chef for the Public House Corporation.
Philly Beer Scene is the only magazine dedicated to the craft beer culture of the greater Philadelphia area. Freely distributed at the better beer destinations on a bi-monthly basis, the newsstand quality publication has become a goto for beer lovers for over three and a half years. Digital versions and all the editorial can also be found at PhillyBeerScene.com. Twitter: @PhillyBeerScene.