Sweet Potato Brown Ale FriesBy The Edible Perspective
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep TimeSoak: 15 minutes | Bake: 1 hour
Her garlic, salted, beer-baked french fries were such a hit, we asked The Edible Perspective to share her delicious brown ale-soaked sweet potato version of the recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 bottle of brown ale
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil (or olive, etc..)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Scrub potatoes, and cut per instructions above. Leave the skins on.
- In a large bowl, soak the cut fries, in beer.
- Let soak for 15 minutes, tossing 1-2 times.
- Drain beer and toss with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, until well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment (optional, but nice for quick clean up!) and spread the fries, in a single layer on the pan. Use two pans, if needed. You don’t want them stacked.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour, depending on how done you like them, tossing 3 - 4 times.
- Add more salt and pepper to your liking.
The Edible Perspective focuses on healthy and natural recipes from author Ashley who lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. All of her recipes are vegetarian or vegan and include a lot of gluten free options.