- Recipe TypeDessert
- Prep Time20 minutes
Bake this decadent chocolate cake using Lakewood Brewing Co.'s Temptress Imperial Milk Stout or your favorite milk stout.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup of Lakewood Temptress imperial milk stout
- Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except beer. Beat at medium speed until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in Lakewood Brewing Co.'s Temptress Imperial Milk Stout (batter will be thin).
- Split batter between two 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. (Until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in pans on wire rack. Then remove from layer pans and cool completely.
- Generously apply your favorite icing between the layers and on top. Enjoy!
- Tip: To make it simple to remove the cake from the pans, butter the bottom of the pans and press a piece of parchment paper cut to fit down on top of the butter. You can also butter the sides of the pan and dust them with flour.