Brown Ale-Poached Vidalia Onion and Honey Tempura Lobster Po-BoyBy Leonardo Maurelli III
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Timeminimal
Brown ale-poached Vidalia onion and honey tempura lobster po-boy made with Back Forty Beer Co.'s Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale.
- 12 oz.bottle Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup agave Nectar
- 5 ea star anise
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 12 bulbs of baby vidalia onions
- 8 oz lobster tail
- 1 oz pickled ginger
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp wasabi
- To make this lobster po-boy, put 1 bottle of Back Forty Beer Co.'s Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale in a pot, add all aromatics, cup of brown sugar and 1 cup agave nectar. Bring to a soft boil.
- Add Vidalia onions and slow cook for 8 minutes, remove and cool off immediately.
- For Po-boy, it would be easier if you purchase pre-mixed tempura batter mix, follow directions. However substitute 2 cups of liquid with Naked Pig Pale Ale.
- Remove shell from lobster and clean throughly. Dust the lobster in seasoned flour (salt and pepper) and place in batter. Fry in a fryer at 350°F for 7 minutes, remove and place on top of paper towel to remove excess oil.
- For soy honey glaze , add honey, agave and soy to a small pan and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- For wasabi mayo, add wasabi powder to mayo and mix.
- Toast french bread until crispy, spread wasabi mayo, and place lobster on bun, drizzle glaze over the lobster and top with baby greens and pickled ginger.
- Serve with poached Vidalia onion and enjoy with a cold Truck Stop Honey Brown or Naked Pig Pale Ale.