Vanilla Bean Smoked Porter French Toast by The BeeronessBy Jackie Dodd, The Beeroness
- Recipe TypeAppetizer
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Yield3 - 4
Spice up your weekend brunch plans with this amazing French toast created by Jackie Dodd a.k.a The Beeroness. Love this? Her website is full of amazing recipes that all incorporate craft beer!
- 1 cup milk
- /3 cup smoked porter (recommended: Stone Smoked Porter w/ Vanilla Bean)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter (plus additional as needed)
- 1 large loaf of crusty italian bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- In a bowl, add milk, beer, sugar, eggs and vanilla, whisk until well combined. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- One at a time, dip the bread into the milk mixture until well coated. Add to pan and cook until browned on one side, flip and brown on the opposite side (about 2 to 3 minutes per side). Repeat for all slices. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- For more amazing recipes that incorporate craft beer, visit The Beeroness.com.
Jackie Dodd is a recipe developer, food photographer and food writer. She currently runs the beer recipe website The Beeroness. Jackie is a freelance photographer, using her skills to photograph food, architecture, restaurants and bars in Los Angeles, California. She writes for the online cooking magazine, Honest Cooking as well as The Glendale Examiner. Jackie also serves as a recipe tester for cookbook authors and has developed recipes for companies such as Avocados Of Mexico, California Strawberry Commission, and Foster Farms.