White Rascal Turkey StuffingBy Avery Brewing Company
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time30 minutes | 2.5 hour cook time
- Yield8 - 10
Avery Brewing Company shares an easy way to amp up your Thanksgiving turkey with a special stuffing made using White Rascal, a Belgian White Ale.
- 2 French baguettes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 cups yellow or Vidalia onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 Granny Smith or Fuji apples, diced
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp flat leafed parsley, chopped
- 11/2 tsp rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups White Rascal
- One 12-pound turkey
- Crack a cold White Rascal to get in the right mindset.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put bread cubes on a 13X18X1 inch baking sheet. Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter and add the onion, celery, apples, cranberries, parsley, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes, until the mixture is soft.
- Combine the bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the White Rascal and almonds.
- Place the stuffing into the main cavity of the turkey. This is for a 12-pound turkey for 2 1/2 hours at 350°F in a preheated oven. Make sure the stuffing in the cavity is secured by wrapping the legs tightly with string.