Pint Jockeys Raise a Glass to American Craft Beer Week
Rare brew tastings and Galveston Island Beach Revue among craft-centric festivities
The Pint Jockeys will celebrate American Craft Beer Week between May 13-19, 2013 with a series of events leading up to the fifth annual Galveston Island Beach Revue May 17-18. The festivities kick off on Thursday, May 16 at the monthly Pint Jockeys tasting event, which will feature an all-Southern Star lineup, and continue into the weekend with a series of Pint Jockeys-sponsored events. On Friday, craft beer lovers can get an exclusive taste of “Pin-Up Pale Ale,” a custom Southern Star beer brewed right at Beerfoot Beach Bar, and revel throughout the weekend during the many Beach Revue happenings.
“We welcome the opportunity to support American Craft Beer Week and show off our extensive craft beer portfolio through these special, one-of-a-kind events,” said Matthew Sweatt, Director of Advertising for Del Papa Distributing. “Craft breweries, made up of hard-working, creative individuals, deserve our support and we toast to their growth and continued success.”
Pint Jockeys-Supported American Craft Beer Week Events:
• Thursday, May 16, 5 – 7 p.m.: Pint Jockeys Monthly Tasting Event will feature an all-Southern Star lineup at the Del Papa Distribution Center in Texas City. Free, open to adults 21+. (Hospitality Room, 1220 I-45, Texas City)
• Friday, May 17, 5:45 p.m.: Tom Schwenk Realtor Parade to the Pier starts at 45th and Seawall and ends at the gates to the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, where the 2013 Bathing Beauties contestants will be introduced and the Pint Jockeys will enjoy an evening of live music and retro fun. (Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier)
• Friday, May 17, 10 p.m.: Pint Jockeys present a special “Beerfoot Brewery Series,” featuring an exclusive tasting of Southern Star’s custom-made “Pin-Up Pale Ale,” brewed at Beerfoot Beach Bar in honor of the Revue’s annual Bathing Beauties Contest. Open to adults 21+. (Beerfoot Beach Bar)
• Saturday, May 18, 2 p.m.: Bathing Beauties Contest (52nd and Seawall)
• Saturday, May 18, 6 p.m. “Game Day at the Galvez” vintage baseball game. (Beach Central, 2102 Seawall Blvd.)
• Saturday, May 18, 7:30 p.m. Bands & Bombshells Concert sponsored by Pint Jockeys and Southern Star, featuring the Austin swing band “The Bellfuries,” and Galveston’s own Brandon McDermoott Band. Enjoy a Southern Star Bombshell Blonde in the Beer Garden! (Beach Central, 2102 Seawall Blvd.)
The most current schedule of Pint Jockeys-hosted American Craft Beer Week happenings can be found at www.Facebook.com/PintJockeys. For more information on how American Craft Beer Week will be celebrated nationally, please visit: http://www.craftbeer.com/news-and-events/american-craft-beer-week.
For more information on Del Papa Distributing Company, please contact Elizabeth Hurt at email@example.com or 713-524-0661.
Company: Southern Star Brewing Company
Contact: Elizabeth Hurt