Ninkasi Fall Releases Celebrate Hops
EUGENE, Ore.—Heading into fall, Ninkasi Brewing Company announces the return of its Seasonal Release Series beer, Oktoberfest, and the launch of its new Fall IPA Variety 12-Pack—both available throughout Ninkasi’s distribution footprint. Celebrating the region’s love of hops, these beers boast Northwest ingredients and flavor. Available early this month, beer drinkers can find Ninkasi’s Oktoberfest in 12oz. 6-packs, 22oz. bottles and on-draft, through the end of September. The Fall IPA Variety 12-Pack hits the shelf mid-August, available until the end of the year.
(VISIT: Find a U.S. Craft Brewery)
Seasonal Release Series: Oktoberfest
Crafted with Sterling, Crystal, Willamette, and Mt. Hood hops, this Oktoberfest marries Northwest ingredients with a traditional German style. Celebrating the harvest, this light-bodied beer has a toasty malt bouquet and just a touch of hop bitterness.
“Our Oktoberfest is a Northwest take on a classic Bavarian-style lager,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi co-founder and founding brewer. “Featuring four Oregon-grown hop varieties, we dry hop this beer and let it condition for two months; this allows it to reach the perfect balance of a light-bodied lager with a subtle toasted malt complexity on par with the beers you’ll find at traditional Oktoberfest celebrations.”
- Style: Oktoberfest-Style Lager
- Series: Seasonal Release Series
- Available: August – September
- IBU: 40
- Malt: Pilsner, 2-Row Pale, Carahell, Cara Munich
- Hops: Sterling, Crystal, Willamette, Mt. Hood
- Packaging: 6-Pack, 22oz. Bottles, Draft
Fall IPA Variety 12-Pack
Available mid-August, Ninkasi’s Fall IPA Variety 12-Pack showcases a medley of IPAs, suitable for any hop-happy palate. Three, 12oz. bottles of Total Domination IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Hop Cooler Citrus IPA, and First Rule IPA, offer four takes on the favored Northwest style.
“This Fall IPA Variety Pack demonstrates the flexibility of the IPA style,” explains Floyd. “A range of flavors and aromas within this single style can easily fit many occasions; it’s a convenient way to celebrate those end-of-the-season gatherings and outdoor barbeques.”
- Total Domination IPA – 6.7% ABV, 81 IBU This decidedly balanced Northwest IPA celebrates our love of hops. A delightful blend of citrus and floral hop notes dominate the senses while a trio of malt adds a clean finish. Totally hoppy, totally drinkable; the name says it all.
- Dawn of the Red IPA – 7.0% ABV, 66 IBU Bursting with tropical notes, this Red IPA captures the bright complexity of El Dorado and Mosaic hops. An assertive hop presence is carried by a subtle caramel backbone, unearthing a beer that is flavorful and juicy.
- Hop Cooler Citrus IPA – 7.2% ABV, 74 IBU Bright and tropical, this India Pale Ale brilliantly layers a citrusy blend of orange and tangerine with a robust hop profile. Crafted with real citrus and packed with as much flavor as a hop cooler, you won’t be able to stop at just one sip of this fresh and fruity beer.
- First Rule IPA – 7.5% ABV, 60 IBU First rule of this IPA is: you do not talk about this IPA. Crafted in secrecy by our band of brewers, First Rule uses a fistful of the most sought-after hops around. Juicy, citrusy, tropical and dank, this IPA is a powerful combination of hop aroma and flavor.
About Ninkasi Brewing Company Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company continues to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA to the 33rd largest craft brewery in the United States. Independently owned and operated in Eugene, Ore., Ninkasi’s Flagship beers include Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Hop Cooler Citrus IPA, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale, Helles Belles Helles Lager, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout. Ninkasi beers are sold throughout Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Utah; Washington; Virginia; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Committed to community support and giving, Ninkasi’s Beer Is Love program offers donations to 501(c)(3) organizations throughout its footprint. For more information, call 541.344.2739 or visit www.NinkasiBrewing.com.
Company: Ninkasi Brewing Company
Contact: Ali AAsum