Medford Beer Week, June 8th-15th
MEDFORD, ORE – With seven new “Marquis” events, along and dozens of beer tastings and events at locally owned bars and restaurants throughout Medford, the 3rd Annual Medford Beer Week kicks off Saturday, June 8th and will run through Saturday, June 15th.
Throughout the week 50 beer tasting and special events will be held, including seven “Marquis” events that run throughout the week ending Saturday, June 15th, with a day-long festival in downtown Medford focusing exclusively on craft brewers.
“Beer Week has grown to be Southern Oregon’s premier celebration of the craft beer industry focusing on locally owned and operated restaurants, bars, and breweries,” states event founder Chris Dennett. “The highlight this year will be seven marquis special events.”
For complete details on all events, visit the Medford Beer Week website.
“Marquis” events at this year’s Medford Beer Week:
• Saturday June 8th “Brews, Burgers and Bluegrass”- Brought to you by THRIVE at the Hanley Farm: Noon to 8 pm – Start your Medford Beer Week fun at the historic Hanley Farm with a day full of brews, burgers and bluegrass. Sponsored by Green Hammer, event proceeds go to THRIVE’s local food program. Enjoy eight hours of music with four bands and sixteen Rogue Valley micro brews on tap, plus five unique burgers from local ranchers.
• Sunday June 9th “Deschutes Brewery Kickball Tournament” at Schoolhaus Brewhaus: 11 am to dark. Bring a team (7-11 people) or play some pick-up. Deschutes tastings will be featured at home plate and second base hosted by Deschutes’ Chad Travartini. Two fields will be set up, and the winning team wins the Deschutes Kickball Championship Cup. Team and player registration is at 10 am. For more information contact Schoolhaus Brewhaus at 541-899-1000.
• Tuesday June 11th “SOB Line Dance Party”- Southern Oregon Brewery at Rocky Tonk: 7 pm to close. Bring your dancing shoes and enjoy free dance lessons and SOB beer sampling with giveaways. Open Mic fun begins at 10 pm.
• Wednesday June 12th “Wings & Beers with 10 Barrel Brewery” at the Trophy Club: 7 pm to 9 pm – Come down to enjoy the Apocalypse IPA and O.G. Ale and special pricing, plus some of the Trophy Club’s famous hot wings. There will also be a wing eating contest (limited to 12 contestants). To pre-register for the wing eating contest, or for more information call The Trophy Club at 541-772-4131.
• Thursday June 13th “Tap Takeover with Sierra Nevada” at Growler King: 5 pm to 7 pm – Special pricing on Sierra Nevada growler fills during the event & sampling.
• Friday June 14th “Tap Takeover & Small Plate Pairing with Lagunitas Brewing” at 4 Daughters Irish Pub: Casual and fun dining with a selection of Lagunitas brews from Petaluma, California. Call for time and details 541-779-4455.
• Saturday June 15th “5th Annual Southern Oregon Craft Brew Festival” in downtown Medford (OldTown): Noon to 8 pm – Referred to as “Beerfest” by locals, this popular event features twenty seven breweries, fifty different beers, food booths, and beer related vendors. $14 gets you a commemorative pint glass, program and other goodies, plus five tasting tickets. Additional tasting tickets available: five for $5, twelve for $10. THIS IS A 21+ EVENT. Visit the festival’s website at www.socbrewfest.com or like it on Facebook at Southern Oregon Craft Brew Festival.
Contact: Chris Dennett