- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark lager, such as Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard, such as Colman's
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the honey and maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil; reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add beer and simmer until the volume has reduced by half. Take off the heat and whisk in both mustards.
- Meanwhile, arrange the bacon on the prepped half-sheet pan. Cover with one more sheet of parchment paper and bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Using a paper towel, blot the rendered fat from the bacon. Brush the glaze onto the top side of each strip.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 275°F, and cook the bacon until crisp-chewy, about 40-45 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate, keeping the bacon glazed-side up. Serve immediately.
- *Adapted from Samuel Adams.