Enjoy delicious short ribs braised in the rich, smokey, even slightly woody maltiness of Aspen's Brown Bearale.
- To make these hoisin and Brown Bearale braised short ribs, coat the short ribs in oil and then season evenly with all the spices.
- Heat a sauté pan and sear the short ribs on all sides.
- In a large pot add the Short Ribs, Hoisin Sauce, and the Brown Bearale (or your favorite American brown ale).
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, while covered.
- Allow to braise for 3 to 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Serve with buttered parpadelle pasta, and a pint of Brown Bearale.