By using powdered peanut butter rather than regular peanut butter, you really infuse the flavor of the stout into the soul of these stout cookies. The finished product is not overly sweet, but rather rich and robust in flavor. Try replacing the stout with your favorite porter!
- 1 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Bell's Brewery, Inc. Kalamazoo Stout (decarbonated and room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- To make these peanut butter stout cookies, lightly mix the flour and baking soda and in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix powdered peanut butter and sugars in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and stout together in a separate bowl and add to peanut butter/sugar mixture.
- Add small amounts of the flour mixture at a time making sure it is mixing evenly.
- Cover bowl and set in fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll into small balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Use the back of a spoon to make a small well in the center of each of the stout cookies.
- Set 3-4 chocolate chips in each well and bake another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sea salt on cookies as soon as they're out of the oven (optional).
- Let stout cookies cool on cookie sheet until chocolate hardens.