The material contained in this course is essential for anyone ‘beginning’ to take craft beer appreciation more seriously. If you work in retail sales, the restaurant industry or are simply a bourgeoning craft beer enthusiast, the Beer 101 Course provides a solid introduction to the beer universe.
The course costs $15 to take, and requires approximately one hour of your time. Upon successful completion (must receive 70% or above) a student receives a printable certificate from the Brewers Association. This is an accolade worthy of inclusion in any resume as it demonstrates knowledge of beer fundamentals and shows your commitment to all things craft beer.
- History of beer
- Brewing ingredients and processes
- Vital statistics: ABV, SRM, IBU, gravity
- Pairing beer and food
This narrarated course includes several audio files that support the content from the following craft brewers (Once you are in the course be sure to click on the green ‘Commentary’ button when you see it:
- Jim Koch, Boston Beer Co. – Getting to Know Your Beer
- Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Brewery – Different Beer Styles
- Sebbie Buhler, Rogue Ales – Beer and Food Pairings
- Greg Koch, Stone Brewing Co. – Ordering Beer At a Restaurant
- John Cochran, Terrapin Brewery – How Beer is Made
|The Beer101 Course was developed by the Brewers Association in partnership with 360Training.|