The CraftBeer.com Beer 101 Course is an online course created for anyone wanting a quick hit introduction to craft beer from the leading organization representing U.S. breweries. If you work in retail sales, the restaurant industry or are simply a burgeoning craft beer enthusiast, Beer 101 provides a solid introduction to the beer universe.
Before You Enroll
- Reserve approximately one hour to complete Beer 101.
- Cost: $20
Beer 101 Course Details
- Beer 101 covers history of beer; brewing ingredients and processes; vital statistics: ABV, SRM, IBU, gravity; styles; tasting; glassware and pairing beer and food.
- Narration: The course is narrated and includes multiple videos, so be sure to grab some headphones or turn up your computer speakers!
- Be sure to use the follow-along worksheet (the first file you must download) as you go through the course to help you create a study guide for the quiz.
Beer 101 Quiz
- There will be a 21 question quiz at the end of the course which must be completed in 20 minutes.
If you pass the quiz with 75%, you will have the option to download a printable certificate of completion.
If you don’t pass with 75% or more, you can retake the quiz for a full year before having to reregister for the course.
Certificate of Completion
- Upon successful completion (75% or above) a student will gain access to a printable certificate from CraftBeer.com (a certificate will not be mailed to you).
- If you lose or forget to print your certificate, it is available to reprint. Find it by clicking the “Completed Courses” tab on your dashboard.
If you have questions about accessing the course, course functionality, the certificate, billing questions and viewing or navigating course files contact DigitalChalk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-321-2451 / option 2
If you have questions or feedback about course content, contact beer101@craftBeer.com.