- Maximum Award Amount:
25% of the total project budget, up to $5,000.
Individuals and organizations. Priority given to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- Proposals Submission Window:
Accepted on a rolling basis from November 1, 2022 through October 31, 2023.
- Notification Date:
Notification of receipt will be provided within 5 business days of submission. Funding decisions will be provided within 45 days following notification of receipt.
Inquiries related to this program can be directed to Dr. J Jackson-Beckham – email@example.com.
The Brewers Association is proud to fund grants in support of local and regional events, media production projects, and educational and training initiatives that thoughtfully and intentionally promote and foster a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive craft beer community. The Brewers Association Philanthropy and Outreach Subcommittee invite proposals from individuals and organizations who are developing virtual, in-person, or hybrid events, media projects, and educational and training initiatives that will be developed and/or executed in 2023.
Funding priorities for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Mini-Grants program are for events, media production projects, and educational and training initiatives that work to create a more inclusive and diverse craft brewing community for brewers, industry partners, and beer lovers everywhere.
Specifically, we are looking to fund events, media projects, and educational initiatives that:
- Increase access to and responsible appreciation of craft beer for underrepresented populations and those who have experienced barriers to accessing the broader craft brewing community.
- Promote employment and ownership opportunities in the craft brewing community for members of underrepresented populations and those in the craft brewing community who have experienced barriers to access and advancement.
- Celebrate the diversity of the craft brewing community and increase the visibility of underrepresented groups and experiences.
- Develop the cultural competence and increase the adoption of diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices among members of the broader craft brewing community.
- Leverage the strengths of the craft brewing community to fight injustice, eliminate disparities, and provide solutions to an array of challenges that impact those who produce and enjoy craft beer.
- All individuals and organizations are eligible to apply. However, priority is given to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- An applicant may not submit multiple proposals under this announcement. The Brewers Association will consider parent organizations and their subordinates to be a single entity for purposes of eligibility. If for any reason a proposal is submitted more than once before the deadline, the Brewers Association will only accept your most recent submission.
- Organizations who have previously been awarded funding through Diversity and Inclusion Event Grants program are eligible to apply. However, events that have been awarded for two contiguous funding cycles must take a year off before resubmitting a proposal.
For more information about DEI Mini-Grant Program Guidelines, a list of previously funded projects, proposal checklists and templates, and to submit a proposal, please visit the Brewers Association website.