Beer 101 is an online course created for anyone beginning to take craft beer appreciation more seriously. If you work in retail sales, the restaurant industry or are simply a burgeoning craft beer enthusiast, Beer 101 provides a solid introduction to the beer universe.
Before You Enroll
- Reserve approximately one hour to complete Beer 101.
- Cost: $15
- Review the online system requirements upon enrolling to make sure your Beer 101 experience is successful.
- Beer 101 covers: history of beer; brewing ingredients and processes; vital statistics: ABV, SRM, IBU, gravity; styles; tasting; glassware and pairing beer and food.
- Audio files: Some of America’s most respected brewers have provided supplemental audio to go along with the course, including: Jim Koch, Boston Beer Co.; Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery; Sebbie Buhler, Rogue Ales; Greg Koch, Stone Brewing Co. and John Cochran, Terrapin Brewery. Look for the green “commentary” icons throughout the course.
Beer 101 Exam
- There will be a 14 question exam at the end of the course.
- You can review any chapter or the entire training as many times as you wish before you start the exam. Click on the tab “My Training OUTLINE” located on the course player application left hand corner to review any lesson or all lessons.
- You may not review the course once you have started the exam.
- If you do not pass the exam, you have unlimited access to retake the exam for one year at no extra cost.
- Once you pass the exam you will no longer have access to the course content.
Beer 101 Certificate
- Upon successful completion (70% or above) a student receives a printable certificate from the Brewers Association (a certificate will not be mailed to you).
- If you lose or forget to print your certificate, a copy is available to reprint. Look for the “certificates” icon next to the instructions.
If you have any feedback on the course content, contact Julia Herz at the Brewers Association.
|The Beer101 Course was developed by the Brewers Association in partnership with 360Training.|